The Physical Education programme will:-
- contribute to the physical development of each child through the acquisition of skills and competence in a range of physical activities.
- contribute to the social education of the individual by providing opportunities for pupils to co-operate with one another and to share the value of sports and games through a sense of satisfaction and achievement from play.
- promote in each pupil a keen interest in and knowledge of physical activity and its contribution to the maintenance of a life-long personal health and fitness.
- prepare pupils to make active, creative and purposeful use of their leisure time throughout their lives.
- enable pupils to gain enjoyment and an aesthetic appreciation of movement through purposeful and progressive physical activity.
- promote healthy attitudes towards success and failure.
- be aware of the benefits of Physical Education as a means of helping to cope with stress related problems.